“I don't have pet peeves, I have whole kennels of irritation.” - Whoopi Goldberg
PET PEEVES: Minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to him or her, to a greater degree than others may find it. I have tonnes and tonnes of pet peeves and I think I’ve blogged about most of them. But for the sake of infecting you with my currently foul mood, I’m just gonna share some of the current ones today. Yeay!
(1) People making “Saya loyar buruk” joke upon discovering that I am a lawyer. NOT. FUNNY.
(2) Perbualan kuat yang berdegar-degar. Di kedai makan selalunya. I don’t wanna know about your saham berjuta or your latest conquest. Bingit tau tak?
(3) Unsolicited advice. Especially bad ones.
(4) When people tag me on Facebook for Rahsia Tarikh Lahir and what not. Tags like baby clothes and stuffs or busana muslimah and such aku suka. But please, I don’t need to know that you’re 90% hitam or that 98% of people are jealous of you.
(5) People who think it is OK to not flush the toilet. It is not. Really.
(6) People who jeling to see what you’re doing/reading/playing on your phone.
(7) Staffs coming into my room when I am pumping with pintu tertutup, without the courtesy to knock and worse, some don’t even close the door back. Haish!
(8) Breast milk masuk breast pump tube while pumping. Oh major annoyance!
(9) Clients who think that I am their very own punching bag.
(10) Celebrity tweeters who flood my timeline with their RTs. @FarhanYahaya “Abang sihat. Adik macam mana?” RT @CikSitiWangi Abang Farhan sihat?
(11) Having to mengalah melepaskan something I wanna do for something I don’t.
(12) Negative people, yang jenis semua tak boleh, semua susah, semua stres.
(13) When my Teh Ais comes in the palest colour of brown and tastes like longkang.
(14) Makcik-makcik who make dirty, melebih-lebih sex jokes. TAK. SESUAI.
(15) Salesgirls who follow you around and betulkan dengan pantas anything that you touch.
(16) People who don't thank you or even acknowledge you when you hold the door for them.
(17) Kedai makan tanpa kerusi bayi. Invest lah sikit, Tepian Tebrau.
(18) Cashiers, waiters, penjaga kaunter bermuka ketat. Aku senyum dan bersuara manis, kau ketat pula. Dan unhelpful. Sometimes I feel like smacking them in their ketat faces. Grrr.
(19) Insensitive comments like, “Makin berisi nampak”. Kalau aku jawab, “Right back at you”, bukankah padan muka engkau?
(20) “That’s mean.” You know what I mean.