Tuesday, March 01, 2011

30 THINGS IN 30 DAYS CHALLENGE: DAY 1


Marvelous March, my birthday month is here! And as promised (I know you’re not keeping score, but when I make promises, the OCD bit of me does not let me break them hehehe) so yeah, as promised, I’m gonna do the 30 Things In 30 Days Challenge, starting today, the 1st day of March, until the 30th, on which date I will turn 19 (plus 10). You can go take a peek at the complete list of all the 30 challenges at Aida’s and come join us!

DAY 1: YOUR FAVOURITE SONG

This is a tough one. Aku selalu rasa susah to pick just one song/number/movie/actor and such, sebab benda macam ini, to me, is seasonal. Ikut musim aku. Ikut mood aku. Back in 1996, I’d probably choose one of Oasis’ songs as my favourite, probably Wonderwall or Champagne Supernova. For 1997, the year I was obsessed with Robbie Williams and Take That, I’d say it’s Everything Changes, because it is one the few songs that Robbie get to be the lead vocal. Gary Barlow memang tamak. Then I was obsessed with the cool girls songs for quite sometimes; anything by Jewel, Alanis Morissette, Lisa Loeb, Alisha’s Attic. During my uni years, Dan by Sheila On 7 meletup and since then bermulalah kesukaan terhadap musik Indonesia. Dan kesukaan ini belum pudar rasanya. My latest favourite is lagu dakwah, Dhuha by Sahrul Gunawan. Lazat.

But, if I really have to choose one song that I really, really, really like, one song that never fails to put a smile on my face and send warm fuzzy feeling in my heart, it would be THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT, originally performed by Fred Astaire in 1936 and later covered by Frank Sinatra, Elton John and Michael Buble, to name a few.

Here's Michael Buble’s rendition of one of my favourite songs of all time :')



Some day, when I'm awfully low
When the world is cold
I will feel a glow just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight
Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft
There is nothing for me but to love you
And the way you look tonight
With each word your tenderness grows
Tearing my fear apart
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose
It touches my foolish heart
Lovely, never, ever change
Keep that breathless charm
Won't you please arrange it
'Cause I love you just the way you look tonight.


6 comments:

far said...

yeay tiap2 hari ade entry!!

reena said...

Yeay kak yanti dah start buat 30 Days Challenge! :D

I heart Wonderwall. But i love Bitter Sweet Symphony more. Tapi last-last pilih lagu lain jugak Haha. Sama lah can't decide satu je.

Marliza Radzi said...

Far: Ko suka entries aku? (Mengada :P)

Reena: Susah kan? Punyalah banyak lagu lazat. In the end, kita akan pilih yang closest to heart :)

AyinEmran said...

Aku dah tgk soalan-soalan cabaran, ada yg kalau aku boleh tulis 30 hari pun, aku tak tahu jawapannya. Haha. Maka taknak dicabar.

Suka suka Michael Buble!

Unknown said...

Hah! The Way you look tonight! in my collection aku kumpul banyak version.. for a more 'lounge' and upbeat feel, try John Coltrane with Thelonius Monk's. Lain la sikit..

Marliza Radzi said...

Ayin: Jomlah buat jomlah. Kalau tak tahu jawapan, merapu sajalah (attempt nak paksa Ayin rajin update blog :P)

Sharel: Baik, akan dicari di YouTube nanti!