Thursday, December 17, 2009

A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside. When a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.


The lack of updates. The Orange Juice cravings. All the complaints about being tired and sleepy. And hungry. The apparent chubbiness. The hints here and there. Yes, the family knows. Most friends know. Some think they know. Some made wild guesses. And I guess the time has come for me to spill.

Yes, I am indeed pregnant :) Thank you, Allah! Isn’t He the Greatest?


I am currently in my second trimester. 5 months. Or to be exact, 20 weeks going on 21. Yes, I know as evidenced by the picture above, I am already showing. It’s genetic I guess. Atau mungkin sebab memang berlemak tebal to begin with. Ngeh. Or maybe it’s because I have already been pregnant before, albeit unsuccessfully (Alhamdulillah I got through the emotionally painful phase but that’s another story. This is supposed to be a happy entry lah!) Ngeee. Tembam pun tembamlah, asalkan sihat, kan?

Braving the first trimester was an ordeal. Physically, segalanya dipermudahkan alhamdulillah. Ya, tentulah ada nauseous now and then, but that’s just about it. No weird cravings. No vomiting. No excessive tiredness. No peculiar mood swings. Bukanlah to say that my first 3 months were easy breezy, because I had some bad days, but I guess it was mild compared to some friends’ experiences. I thank Allah for that.

But emotionally, it was heart wrenching, to say the least. I was paranoid 24/7! With my history, who can blame me, kan? But yes, I am still scared and paranoid at times, but I believe in positive thinking and the power of doa, mudah-mudahan everything will be fine this time around, insyaAllah.

And currently, alhamdulillah, everything seems to be going okay. We’re super excited! Hehehe. Belum tahu the gender of our little one, kalau ada rezeki maybe on my next visit this Monday. Tapi tak kisahlah, as long as the little one and I are healthy, we’re happy enough. Aaaawh our little one :)

Oh I can already feel the little one moving inside me, walaupun belum begitu gagah. The sensation is just as they describe it; popcorn popping, goldfish swimming around, butterflies fluttering. Cuteness.

I am sure you know about my best friend, who recently spilled the bean to the world. Hehe.
Ayin is carrying a girl and is 3 weeks ahead of me. It is such a great feeling to be sharing the highs and lows of pregnancy with your best friend. A bonus to what is an already amazing experience.

So yeah, I am indeed blessed with a baby bump, the pregnancy has been great so far and I am healthy and contented. The actress Carrie Fisher aptly sums up how I feel at this particular moment: “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” Sungguh benar :)

Pray for me and my little one, will you?

No comments: