Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Would I ever leave this company? I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most."
- Dwight Schrute, The Office


Lama betul nampaknya tiada kemas kini?

Perhaps it’s because I’m bogged down with work. Perhaps it’s due to my on again off again affair with fever. Perhaps it’s because I don’t have anything interesting to pen down. Perhaps it’s writer’s block.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

[Strip from Dilbert.com]


Here goes. An open letter to a certain someone (I’m too chicken-shit to go to her face-to-face. Ngeh!) Hope nobody from the Firm read this. Haha.

Pertama sekali, soalan retorik: Kenapa semua tempat kerja mesti ada rakan sekerja yang menyakitkan hati? Tak perlu jawab. Sebab soalan retorik.

Kedua-dua firma saya bekerja, saya telah dapat beberapa kawan baik. Di sana dan di sini. That’s very fortunate of me, I guess. Tapi mesti juga akan ada individu yang menyakitkan hati. Adakah ini hanya berlaku kepada manusia terpilih seperti saya?

I try to be nice to everybody because like I told my Husband, I think that I am a nice person in general. Yeah that’s pretty vain of me, admitting something like that. Kah kah. Kan orang tua-tua dah pesan, buat baik dibalas baik. So I guess I’m just selfish that way. Berlaku baik agar orang lain berlaku baik semula. Ngeee. But that’s win-win situation, yes? In the famous words of (Akademi Fantasia) Vince, “Semua pemenang, tiada pengalah”.

Even if I really, really don’t like the person, saya cuba sedaya upaya untuk tidak membenci. Sedaya upaya act indifferent.

I believe that in general, most people are nice. Don’t you think so? Which is why I don’t get it when people go all PHD on me. Yes, PHD yang hasad dengki itu. What’s your problem with me and my friends, woman?! Why do you have to act all bitchy towards us all the time?

What’s with all the bitterness? Kenapa tak boleh kerjasama? Kenapa tak boleh cakap elok-elok? What’s with the face? Kenapa suka buat muka? Kenapa suka cakap garang-garang, kasar-kasar? Kenapa suka throw tantrum in meetings? Kenapa suka cakap seolah-olah you do all the work and all other lawyers don’t? Kenapa tak boleh just be nice? Or at least just act indifferent? Kenapa? Kenapa?

You know what, woman? My friends and I used to try to not care setiap kali kamu buat perangai. But this is getting out of control. All this negativity is not good for work performance. Tak suka tau perasaan tak suka pada orang! I want to like you! Really I do! I hate all this hatred in me. Tak suka!

Perempuan, you will not get to me. I will not succumb to this hatred. Get this, I will be annoyingly nice to you from now on. Mark my words. Hah!

No comments: