Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happiness isn’t having what you want, it’s wanting what you have.


Allahyarhamah Yasmin Ahmad said it and she said it well: “I am thankful to Allah for everyday things, like the ability to breathe, the ability to love, the ability to laugh.”

Today I am thankful to Allah because I woke up feeling much better; demam semakin mereda, batuk berkurangan dan selesema tiada. The prospect of H1N1 is too damn scary. Nauzubillah.

I am thankful to Allah for a good relaxing weekend. Had a good rest from Friday to Monday. What a bliss! Good life is made of these.



(We stayed at the beautiful Pan Pac on Saturday, courtesy of my Mom) Which reminds me, I am thankful for my Husband; the wind beneath my wings, the answer to my prayer from up above, the pillar of my strength and yada yada yada (fill in the blanks with every crappy clichés imaginable by you). Ngeh!


I am thankful to Allah because my parents and Mak Tok are now safe and sound and happy in bumi Anbiya’, Kota Madinah. Semoga Allah memudahkan segala urusan mereka untuk mendapat umrah mabrur, insyaAllah.


(My Little Bro came to JB to pick me up on Thursday night as the Hubby was in Mersing for a prosecution conference. Hubby arrived later on Saturday noon to send them off at the airport) Saksikanlah my Little Bro holding back tears when my Mom hugged him. Haha he’s such a mummy’s boy.


Oh and yes, I am thankful to Allah that I have such great relationships with my Mom, my Dad and my Little Bro. They’re the sunshine of my life.

I am thankful to Allah because one of my darling angels, Ana has just given birth to a beautiful little angel, Alysha.



This is Alysha on her 5th day on earth. She is too adorable, don’t you think so? She’s half-Punjab so that explains her beautiful eyes and hidung mancung terletak. I got her a heart-shaped gold pendant with the letter A inscribed on it. Aunty AM loves you, little Alysha!


I am thankful to Allah for the new friends my Husband and I found in Sam and her husband. Had great fun meeting them on Saturday (yeah, it was a fun-packed Saturday) and Sam, thanks again for kopi mahal!

I am thankful to Allah for all other everyday things; the ability to stand before the Court today to confidently deliver my stuffs, albeit being unprepared. Thankful for today’s free Nandos lunch, courtesy of one auctioneer company. I am truly thankful for the ability to tolerate the idiocracy of office politics and consequently, the ability to be patient with idiots. I am thankful because I still have a job to go to, albeit tiring and sometimes suck the life out of me, it's mine and I am paid rather well for it. And as today is pay day, I am thankful for that as well.

And yes, I am thankful to Allah for He has given me the ability to breathe, the ability to love and the ability to laugh. Alhamdulillah.

No comments: