Thursday, July 30, 2009

Did you hear about the group of terrorists that hijacked a plane full of lawyers? They called down to ground control with their list of demands, threatening that if their demands weren't met,
they would release one lawyer every hour.


Terlalu kerap sudah saya membebel tentang kerja. Tentang betapa banyaknya kerja. Tentang tidak puas hati kerana seperti tiada peluang naik gaji kerana masalah ekonomi. Tentang masalah peribadi dengan seseorang. Tapi kenapa bila dapat peluang untuk tinggalkan semua masalah ini, saya berfikir panjang? Why am I being indecisive? I thought I’d be all happy and excited to resign and accept the offer but strangely, no, I don’t. Why oh why?

Confused? I would be too. Kah kah. A while ago, I deposited a resume with a certain company. Bukanlah company apa sangat, only the BIGGEST Johor based company there is. Kah kah. Went through the usual interview process and for various reasons, I genuinely thought I wouldn’t get the job. And I didn’t mind anyway, sebab doa saya pada Allah bukan minta untuk dapat, tapi untuk Allah berikan yang terbaik. But today, I got the call and yeah, you know how the story goes.

Kadang-kadang rasa sangat nak. Kadang-kadang tak pasti. I’ve been distracting myself with work all day long to avoid thinking about this. I know sooner or later, once the offer letter arrives in my mailbox, saya perlu ada keputusan. I should start weighing the pros and cons of staying and leaving.

Oh my (current) immediate superiors telah tahu tentang ini so don’t you worry about the lack of anonymity of this entry. Hahaha. I was assured that the management would be persuaded to make a counter-offer. So rasanya I shall wait and see. Kalau tiada counter-offer, I guess it wouldn’t be so hard to leave. If the counter-offer sungguh bagus, maybe that too could be the penentu. I don’t know. Pening.

All sort of people have been telling me that a trained litigator wouldn’t last long in the corporate world kerana kebosanan. Sebab as litigators, kami konon-kononnya suka sangatlah Mahkamah; suka hujah-hujah and what not, suka the challenge, suka the rush and the adrenaline-pumping tasks. So we’d be bored kalau jadi corporate slave. Ini kata oranglah.

The way I see it, belum cuba belum tahu. Kan?

Ya Allah, bantulah hambaMu! I seriously don’t know! Is the offer worth it? Sampaikah hati saya untuk leave the department and my colleagues who need me at this stressful time? Will this be a classic case of keluar mulut buaya, masuk mulut harimau? Am I ready to cease being a practicing lawyer? Will I miss going to the Court? Will I like the entirely new job scopes? Will I be manusia kerugian if I let go of this offer? Will I ask myself “what if?” di kemudian hari? Will I regret my decision, whatever it may be?

I don’t know I don’t know I don’t know!

Sementara saya fikir, I'll leave you with another lawyer jokes. I know you can't get enough of jokes against us. Kah kah. A lawyer died and found himself at the pearly gates. He was admitted to heaven. He saw saints, martyrs, philanthropists, and great good people with their harps and wings all being treated very well. To his surprise, he was given a golden harp, special treatment, and a throne near God. He was treated much better than anyone else. He asked, "Are all lawyers treated like this?" He was answered, "We don't know. You're the first lawyer that's ever been here!" Cheist!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I paу a quіck visit each ԁаy a few webѕitеs
and ωеbsiteѕ tο гeаd artіclеѕ or
reviews, еxcept thіs weblоg ρrovіdes fеаtuге based сontent.


Here iѕ my ωеb-sitе - http://www.youtube.com/