Wednesday, June 10, 2009

If you wanna get free and if you wanna do the passionate thing
And if you wanna get smart for the sake of your heart and all
You should own your name and stand up tall
And get real and see the beauty in ugly



So you ask what is the Shout! Awards? Created to give recognition to those who have made great impact and creative breakthroughs in Malaysian music, film, TV and radio, it aims to reward the most-deserving artists, actors, radio and TV faces. It’s also a platform for the fans to voice out their definition of the new cool in the entertainment scene. Cool, huh? It’s like our own MTV Award! And the categories are cool as well.

For our music scene, the categories are: (1) Rockstar Award. (2) Popstar Award (Aizat is a nominee and he undoubtedly has my vote). (3) Power Vocal Award (This is a no brainer, of course I voted for Dato’ Siti. Shut up. Haha). (4) Flava Award. (5) Break Out Award (For Best New Act; but Joe Flizzow and Malique are among the nominees, they’re not exactly new, right?)

For the TV and film scene, there are: (1) Best On Screen Chemistry (Upin & Ipin are nominated, y’all! And I totally voted for them! Haha) (2) Fresh TV Series. (3) Award Breakthrough Film Award. (4) Favorite TV Program. (5) Favorite TV Host. The 2 latter categories are actually the reason I signed up to vote. I genuinely believe that Destinasi Bajet and its host, Qushairi deserve the proper recognition. He’s a fun host and Destinasi Bajet is one fun travelogue show! Beats Samantha Brown anytime.

For the radio scene, the categories are Coolest Radio Announcer and Favorite Radio Show. Fly FM dominates most of the nominations. Ayuni must be pleased. Heh.

And lastly, the general categories consist of the (1) Stylo Award (Most Stylish Awards), (2) Hot Chick Award and (3) Hot Guy Award. I was very excited because I get to vote for one pretty, pretty girl that I really, really like, Marion Caunter, for the Hot Chick Award. Was torn between Fazura and Marion, but Marion wins my vote because she’s cute as a button, she’s got the best bod around, she speaks both Malay and English fluently and she’s dating the NAZA big guy. How more cool can she be?

Go
HERE to register and cast your vote, people.


And speaking of award, a super-senior of mine,
Sis Dilla, awarded me with one cool blogger award, the Uber Amazing Award, and this is what she has to say about my blog: “I only discovered this jewel of a blabbering mouth earlier this year. And what an interesting read she has provided me. Witty, funny and sharp. Loyar, rupanya. Dan dah tentu seorang Srikandi :) Eventhough our secondary schooling time did not overlap, I feel an overwhelming connection to this girl. It's called sisterhood, y'all.”

Aaawh that’s just too sweet of you, Sis! Flattered, I am.

The rule is, I have to pass this award to 10 blogs that I think are uber-amazing. It’s kacang putih actually because I read a lot of cool blogs but I think I’d have to take some time to karang the proper testimonial regarding each and every blogs that I choose. So I’m just going to do this later-lah.

I must say that it’s always nice to be given the stamp of approval. As Robert Brault put it, “There is no effect more disproportionate to its cause than the happiness bestowed by a small compliment.”

But really, knowing that someone out there reserve 5 minutes of their day to read my silly writings is an award enough to me. Really :)

No comments: