Monday, May 18, 2009

"You’re like my own personal brand of heroin
- Edward Cullen to Isabella Swan, Twilight the movie.


Akhirnya. I finally had the chance to sit down and watch the much-talked-about Twilight. I just had to see for myself what the fuss was all about. I mean, the movie is an international phenomenon! It grossed over 351 million and had all girls go ga-ga over Robert Pattison; I just gotta see it lah. Hehe. I may be a tad too old to fall head over heels for the movie, but I have to confess that I did. The movie is cheesy, alright, but I really liked it! After all I’m known for appreciating all things cheesy (Exhibit A: Akademi Fantasia). Hehe. The Husband called me a hopeless romantic because I went “Aaaaawh” “Aaaaah” “Huwaaa” throughout the movie. Ngeee. Stunning cinematography with beautiful, beautiful people all wrapped up in one intense tale of forbidden love; what’s not to like? My favourite lines in the movie (apart from the one I quoted as the title above) have got to be these:

Edward Cullen: “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.”
Isabella Swan: “What a stupid lamb.”
Edward Cullen: “What a sick, masochistic lion.”

Menyampah tau comel sangat. Haha. I read somewhere someone tulis dia tak faham why the sudden craze with this Pattison guy sedangkan masa dia berlakon Harry Potter, semua orang tak pedulipun dia. I think it’s simply because semua orang itu jatuh cinta with the idea of Edward Cullen sebenarnya; the intense-looking, intoxicatingly gorgeous vampire. I should know, I have a 16-year-old cousin as an exhibit. Haha. I gotta get myself a copy of the book-lah. Siapa nak sponsor?

Speaking of book-based movies, I watched Angels & Demons yesterday and yeah, it was good. Kalau kelip-kelip mata bukan suatu yang automatik, saya mesti tak akan kelip sekalipun. Heh. Again, I am deeply at awe dengan kehebatan Dan Brown for coming up with such gripping, complicated tale! Kagum betul. I must say that I prefer this one to the Da Vinci Code; I don’t exactly know why, but perhaps it has to do with the fact that Tom Hanks spotted a nicer hairdo this time around. Hah!

I can’t wait for Cecilia Ahern’s If You Could See Me Now to be made into a movie. Tolonglah, producers mana-mana, I already have an Ivan in my mind. Speaking of which, I finished reading Sunday’s At Tiffany’s few weeks ago and can’t help but noticed that there are some uncanny resemblance with the 2 books! Terlalu sama, okay! But since I read the former book first, saya menjadi bias and did not like the latter. Siapa publish dulu, jawab! Siapa ciplak siapa, sila mengaku!

Oh! I just have to get this out of my system. Refer Exhibit A. I hated the Finale. I despised each and every song they chose for the contestants. Nasib baik aku tak pernah mengundi, kalau tidak, memang TV rumah ibu mertuaku telah pecah dibaling dengan botol air. Ya, memang menyampah betul.

I certainly hope that the American Idol Finale would be much, much better (d’oh!) It will be a very interesting battle of the extreme opposites; the adorable crooner, Kris Allen versus the rock star (or rock god as Kara put it, overly-excited that she was), Adam Lambert. And yes Ayin, ada jugalah similarity between Lambert and Cullen although Cullen lebih intense dan Lambert lebih kelembutan. Is he really a gay? But what difference would it make if he were? He’s still a great singer and, albeit the likeability contest that it is, AI is a singing competition, lest we forget.

What is this? Apakah entry ini? Caca merba reviews on just about everything and anything? Haha. How I wish I could go home and grab a good book atau tidur dengan nyenyak sekarang ini. I guess Dod was right when she said this about me: “AM dengan TV, buku dan tidur bagai irama dengan lagu.” Ngeh ngeh. Yeah I guess, I’m shallow that way. Hah!

No comments: