Friday, November 21, 2008

"Only great minds can afford a simple style”
- Stendhal (The most complex French writers of the 19th century)


Anda telah tahu yang I’m not a fashion forward person. Dan anda juga tahu bahawa that is mainly because I’m too lazy and/or too kedekut. I’m definitely not a fashion expert but I do read a lot, observe a lot, and thus, have a lot of fashion dos and don’ts. And this time around I’m going to bebel about what I think are the most common Men’s Fashion Faux Pas.


SATU: My Kindred Spirit, Far, hates men in yellow t-shirt. Katanya orang handsome pun boleh nampak buruk in yellow. Selepas hidup bersamanya selama beberapa tahun, tentu saya sedikit terkesan. Tapi saya lebih benci lelaki pakai warna oren. [NOTA: Saya tidak pernah rasa Orlando Bloom kacakpun sebenarnya, tapi mari kita cuba bayangkan beliau dalam baju melayu warna hitam. Nope, masih tidak kacak]


DUA: Cincin batu besar warna warni. Yikes. Macam Tok Bomoh. Which is why I adore the wedding ring I got for the Husband. Nice.


TIGA: Pouch! Or the correct term is ‘waist bag’. I truly deeply benci waist bag on a guy. What do you need a waist bag for anyway? Okay okay, kalau nak juga carry around things, perhaps you can try sling bag? They have cool, macho, sling bag for men, you know? Like the one I got the Husband as an engagement gift? Or if you really have to have a waist bag, please sling it to the side, instead of wearing it like your second belly. Yikes.


EMPAT: Baju yang ada tulisan tempat-tempat peranginan. Dibenarkan jika ia tasteful, like the one Hubby is wearing in this picture; bought in Sabah, ada printed Borneo Head Hunter with bayang-bayang tengkorak. T-shirt ada tulisan Kuching with pua kumbo drawing, that’s a no-no.


LIMA: Wrinkled shirt. This, of course, applies to women as well.


Terasa seperti banyak lagi tapi ini saja yang I could think of as at now. Heh. Seperti biasalah ya, the above are merely my personal opinion. No offence to any of you guys yang suka cincin batu merah ala Tok Moh Siam atau ada beberapa koleksi baju kuning atau rasa pouch is convenient atau suka beli baju tulis 'Jupe Mung Di Nung' atau malas gosok baju.

Your life, your prerogative, your own way. But when it comes to my man, the above are definitely tidak, tidak tidak, tidak tidak, tidak, tidak! Ngeee.

No comments: