Thursday, November 06, 2008

A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence, or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, 'Huh. It works. It makes sense' - Barack Obama



So what do I know about America’s first ever black President? Not much, I must confess (yes, I’m shallow that way).

(a) I know that he is an articulate speaker.
(b) I know that he has this deep, convincing voice that comes in handy in delivering speech. And wow, he can certainly talk the talk.
(c) I know that he is a Harvard Law School graduate, which explains his eloquence (tidak terpakai untuk semua Law graduates, harap maklum)
(d) I believe that he is a man of integrity; he refused to attack Palin on personal basis (you know, regarding her daughter’s scandal? He said “family is off limit”) Now that’s a true gentleman.
(e) I know that he was once addicted to marijuana, alcohol and what not.
(f) And I know he has a Facebook account.
(g) Both of which explains why he appeals to the younger generations. Heh.
(h) I suspect that the Southern region of America voted on racial basis.
(i) And I am positive that he made Oprah the happiest woman alive by winning the Election. Ngeee.
(j) But mostly, I know he personifies change and hope, which we all desperately want and need.


He is now the leader of the most powerful nation in the world! (or at least they claim they are) Whatever decision he makes, whatever policy he takes; we will all be affected. So lets see if he can walk his talk.

(a) Lets see if he shall change what needs to be changed.
(b) Lets see if the world financial situation can be improved, because this, above all, affects us Malaysians tremendously (kalau ada yang masih tak rasa Malaysia khususnya, dan dunia amnya, berada dalam financial turmoil, suka hati kaulah labu)
(c) And mostly, lets see whether or not he will stop the U.S. Army from invading the lives of our innocent Muslim brothers and sisters. For good.


Well, while I’m on this subject, I must add that saya sungguh kagum dengan people who runs to be leader. Setakat Presiden Kelab Congkak di sekolah, lainlah. I’m talking about people who fight their way to be a leader of a nation or simply a Ketua Pemuda UMNO. Tentu, position itu comes with power (and possibly, money) but it comes with huge responsibilities as well! Obama contohnya, dia galas jawatan ini ketika Amerika hadapi krisis kewangan paling teruk dalam sejarah! Why would he want to do that? Menyusahkan diri, kan? I know I don’t want to. D’oh! I guess some people are just born with more leadership aspirations than others, and I am thankful for them. Just remember what Mr. Spidey said, “With great power comes great responsibility!” Ngeee.

No comments: