Thursday, October 09, 2008

Well she always knows her place
She's got style, she's got grace, she's a winner
She's a Lady, she's a Lady!



Remember the feisty lady boss I told you about before? She served her last day at the firm yesterday, to everyone’s dismay, she was leaving to open up her own practice. Immediately today, another lady was promoted to take her place to lead the Litigation Practice Group. It seems that everywhere I go, I am destined to have a lady as a boss, which, I must say, is not a bad thing at all. During my uni days, I did my attachment with a husband-wife legal firm and I was designated to work for the wife. Then I did my chambering under a lady Master, who later became my immediate superior. I joined this firm and was put under the supervision of the feisty boss and now, under another lady boss. I must add that contrary to popular sentiment, I have had no problem whatsoever working for/with a lady (Disclaimer: I reserve the right to revise this statement someday. Ngeee)


Just so you know, ABC reported that a recent survey by Pew Research Center found that women outscored men when it came to most leadership traits, namely Honesty, Intelligence and Compassion. In term of Hardworking and Ambitious, women and men are tied. In fact, men only came out on top in the Decisiveness department. Teehee. Indeed, if there’s one thing that men are better at, it definitely is being decisive. We women tend to be less decisive, mainly because we think too much. Ngeee. Genetically speaking though, I think we are better leaders because we multi-task extraordinarily; we’re just built that way.

But anyhow, I think that being a good leader, a good worker, a good student, have nothing to do with being a male or a female and I think Sydnye White (an award-winning television producer) summed it best when she said: "My best boss was a female, my worst boss was a female, I don't know that being a female had anything to do with it." Well said, don't you think?

No comments: