Friday, September 05, 2008

"There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist" ~ Mark Twain


Hello people! How’s Ramadhan treating you? Very well, I hope. As most of you probably know, I’ve started work. My first day there was not bad, but not that exciting either. I’m sharing room with a Paralegal, which is weird, because I am used to having my own room in my previous firm. And quite a huge one, I must say. But my roomie is okay, and there are other lawyers who are sharing as well, jadi tak mengapalah, orang baru.

Works have been flooding in since yesterday morning, but nothing substantial, mostly vetting Court documents for Islamic Banking; I am used to handling contested matter, jadi terasa berbeza. Come evening, barulah dapat some substantial work. But still no computer, which is bosannya! Oh fret not, my YM buddies; YM diwajibkan there, untuk memudahkan komunikasi antara partners-lawyers-staffs. Cool eh? Heh.

Initially I wanted to mengomel about the firm, but I’ve complained enough to the Husband (and comparing the Firm to my previous one) after my first day. Oleh itu, saya berpegang kepada kata-kata beliau, “Nothing’s perfect, give the firm a chance, it will grow on you.” Well, maybe it will. It’s starting to :)

No comments: