Tuesday, June 03, 2008

We live and we learn to take one step at a time
There's no need to rush
It's like learning to fly or falling in love
It's gonna happen and it's supposed to happen
That we find the reasons why
One step at a time


"No town can live peacefully whatever its laws," Plato wrote, "when citizens do nothing but feast and drink and tire themselves out in the cares of love." But is it such a bad thing to live like this for just a little while? Just for a few months of one's life, is it so awful to travel through time with no greater ambition than to find the next lovely meal? Or to learn how to speak a language for no higher purpose than that it pleases your ear to hear it? Or to nap in a garden, in a patch of sunlight, in the middle of the day, right next to your favourite fountain? And then to do it again the next day? - Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat Pray Love.

So let me live like this for just a little while. Stop asking me "Bila nak mula kerja?" or "Bila nak berisi?" because eventually when that happens, I'll indulge you with the information. But as for now, let me live like this for just a little while; let me spoil myself rotten by doing nothing but pampering myself with the pleasure of good foods and the idiot box, caring for the Husband's needs, and tiring myself out in the cares of his love. Ngeee.

Saya dan Suami telah ke sebuah pulau yang sungguh indah di Mersing, Pulau Rawa. Saya tidak pernah mengetahui kewujudan pulau seindah ini di Johor. Jadi saya akan membiarkan gambar berkata-kata bagi pihak saya. Tata!

No comments: