Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I have heart for any fate


On the stroke of midnight of New Year yesterday, I was high on drug. Ngeee. I actually passed out after taking my flu medication and woke up only at 2 a.m. to watch the TV. But “high on drug” sounds way cooler. Not! Ngeee.


Despite the loads of works and my lack of enthusiasm to execute them, I think that it is going to be a Good Day today; because:

(a)
it is the first working day of the year 2008; and

(b) at least 11 red cars passed me on my way to Court today - Christopher John Francis Boone (from the charming, award-winning novel, The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Night-Time by Mark Haddon) believes that 4 red cars makes it a Good Day, 5 red cars = Super Good Day, 3 red cars Quite Good Day and 4 yellow cars = Black Day.

Already, good luck has started! I just checked my bank account and alhamdulillah it is true that there is a year-end-bonus from the Firm. Yeay!


The Chinese believes that 2008 is the year of the Rat which means that this is a good year to begin a new job, get married, launch a product or make a fresh start. As a Muslim, I simply believe in qada’ and qadar and I think Judy Abbot speaks for me (in one of my favourite book,
Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster) when she says, “Whatever sky is above me, I have heart for any fate” :) Have a good year, people!

No comments: