Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Are you desperate to find something more?


"People do not think very much about death. They spend their lives worrying about absurdities; they put things off, and fail to notice important moments. They don’t take risks, because they think it’s dangerous. They complain a lot, but are afraid to take action. They want everything to change, but they themselves refuse to change."
~ Living Your Own Legend in Like the Flowing River by Paulo Coelho.

I complain a lot. I want things to change. Yet, I fail to take any risks and am so at ease in this comfort zone of mine. And so I sent an application, went to the interview, and much to my surprise, got the job. The basic pay they offered me is a few hundreds more than what I’m currently getting, it is a whole new ball game which is very good for my career advancement, it is a very different, diverse working circle which is good for my self improvement, and the HQ is in one of my favourite places in the world, Shah Alam.

And yet, contrary to the overwhelming reasons for me to say YES, my heart is saying NO. Bagaimana? Serabut rasanya. Huhu. Solution: Talk to the (current) Boss and ask her about my position in the firm [read: my soon-to-end contract and possibility of a (slight) raise]. Sukarnya.

Aah decision decision decision. Serabut serabut. Until I work up my courage and go see the Boss [Ngeee! Gentar!] after my meeting and Court today [A busy day ahead! Sigh!], aku mahu jawab a TAG yang mana di-TAG oleh Ardy, on FOODS! Glorious foods!

NAME 5 FAVOURITE FOODS THAT YOU FEEL LIKE HAVING NOW:
1. Ibu’s Kuih Lopes;
2. Amarin's Tom Yam & Ayam Pandan;
3. Lala Goreng Cili with Kacang Botol at our lala heaven, Hartamas Square;
4. Teh ais Restoran Soto Shah Alam, Seksyen 8 Shah Alam;
5. Mee Hoon Soto Restoran Soto Shah Alam, Seksyen 8 Shah Alam.

NAME 5 FOODS YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE FOR BREAKFAST:
1. Nasi Lemak Restoran Gembira, Seksyen 3 Shah Alam;
2. Mee Hoon Soto Restoran Soto Shah Alam, Seksyen 8 Shah Alam;
3. My own version of Nasi goreng cili padi with telur mata kerbau;
4. McDonald’s McEgg;
5. Roti Canai/Bom Restoran Gembira, Seksyen 3 Shah Alam.

NAME 5 FOODS YOU WOULD MOST LIKELY BUY FOR BERBUKA TODAY:
1. Anything Ibu will make (which would undoubtedly be super sedap);
2. The yummy kek coklat buah Ibu's friend got us;
3. Ayam Golek Bukit Sentosa;
4. Ibu's teh tarik;
5. Roti canai Restoran Jenal Bukit Sentosa (kuah banjir). Ngee.

Now I'm passing the Food Tag baton to:
1. Cik Yunik
2.
Cik Tumirah
3.
Cik Nijoh
4.
Encik Kimi
5.
Encik Chot

No comments: