Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised ~ George F. Will


WARSAW, Poland - A railway worker who emerged from a 19-year coma woke to a radically altered Poland and thinks "the world is prettier now" than it was under communism.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Imagine waking up after 19 years! Your family, the world, everything has changed. 19 years ago, I was in Tadika Sempurna; main gelongsor dan tanah, belajar ABC dan mewarna, belajar bake Gingerbread Man, nyanyi2 sambil Teacher main piano. 19 years! Subhanallah.


BUTTERWORTH - Peniaga Melayu dinasihatkan supaya berpegang kepada falsafah perniagaan yang betul dan tidak hanya mementingkan keuntungan.

For months, I’ve been trying to buy a car through a Malay agent. Months! Ada-ada je masalah. Masalah2 yang couldn’t be comprehended, alasan2 yang couldn’t be accepted. I have no bad record with any bank. I don’t even own a credit card. I’m an earning adult with good job and no tanggungan. Sungguhlah tak faham. Months, okay?! When pressed by my dad yesterday, baru dia beritahu, the car she promised us, dia telah terjual to someone else. TER! Her nerve! My dad memang pro-Chinese dalam hal2 macam ni. Pertama kali kami mencuba agent Melayu untuk ‘tolong Melayu’. Tapi?!! Huh. Like Sweetheart said, “Kalau Melayu tak nak tolong diri sendiri, kita takyahlah susah2 nak tolong dia”. This is of course, not a generalization. As a Malay myself, I believe that this is merely a setitik nila, banyak lagi susu di luar sana. It’s just that, kami dah letih menunggu.


A
recent study suggests that marriage provides a greater psychological boost to depressed people than to happy people, even if the marriage is so-so.

Well, well, that’s what I call a good news! Teehee.

No comments: