Thursday, July 06, 2006

Even the best needles are not sharp at both ends.

I was sick yesterday. I woke up in the morning feeling so berat kepala, but managed to bersiap for work. But I was so tak larat, I changed back into my comfy attire and texted Suhail to tell my Master's PA about my condition. I telan some ubat-ubatan that I managed to find and slept until 12. For lunch, Ibu made some chicken soup for me (I love this woman so much). Later, berselimut di tv hall on my favourite couch, walaupun masih kurang sihat, I had fun clicking the remote control without little bro to steal the remote away from me-he was at his friend's.


Anyways, while I was rummaging the channels, by accident, I clicked TV1. I can't help but noticed the silly mistake made in the caption during berita. Di sangkal. Apakah? I know I write rojak myself. But I totally despise it when media or public signage make language mistake such as this. Hello? It is DISANGKAL. Rapatkan ia. DI dan perkataan seterusnya hanya dijauhkan jika perkataan seterusnya itu merujuk kepada tempat. Even in the commuter, there is this same mistake. Di larang. It is DILARANGlah, people. Ayin pointed out to me the mistake made by ASTRO (Ayin knows I care too much about these stuffs) in ASTRO's latest talk show AC DISINI. ASTRO, it is suppossed to be AC DI SINI. SINI merujuk kepada tempat, maka perlu dijauhkan dengan DI. Don't these people have their own Cik Rosnah???


Ya, perkara seperti ini adalah one of my own pet peeves. Seperti juga butang lengan baju yang tidak dikancing dengan sepenuhnya. It is either kancing semua, atau jangan kancing terus dan lipat dengan kemas, ok? Seperti juga penggunaan tulisan yang tidak cantik, yang tidak sekemas Verdana dan Arial atau seindah Amazone atau as groovy as Norm Heavy. Seperti juga keantianku pada gadis-gadis attention seeker yang memakai baju tidak cukup kain yang tidak kena pada tempatnya dan malah memekak di dalam tren. Juga seperti mereka yang sampai hati memakai baju tidak bergosok. Juga wanita yang tersilap langkah mengenakan tudung yang warnanya tidak matching langsung dengan attire. My pet peeves. Banyak lagi. Tapi cukuplah untuk hari ini.

No comments: