Thursday, June 08, 2006

Oh, wouldn't the world seem dull and flat with nothing whatever to grumble at?


I wanted to sleep longer, but my alarm clock woke me up on time for work. I want to breathe easily, but I am not feeling well and the mucus in my nose seems to like it there, making breathing a complex task. I want a beach house but I am traumatized by my tsunami nightmares. I want to be taller, but I am positive that I am going to be forever this ketot 155 cm, unless by any miraculous God’s grace (My man just found out that he is 183 cm instead of 177 cm. It is either he grew taller or he was wrong all this while). I want to watch AF concert but this week’s concert is scheduled on Sunday afternoon, during which I have to accompany my man to a wedding. I wished for an Ipod but I had settled for an equally good MP3 player. I want to have my dinner at Singgahan Rasa with my man tonight but masakan Ibuku dan Diari AF would be good too. I want a real job that gives me real money and real pleasure, but I am stuck here to complete my chambering for another 4 months (which is actually not bad at all). I wish I could go home now and be a couch potato and watch Oprah, but for now I have to settle for an apple pie and internet browsing and finishing my written submission. I applied for WAO or AWAM as my Legal Aid duty but I was assigned to Dock Brief program, the job designation of which is against my sentiment. I wish I could sing but I decided long ago that I am thankful enough that I don’t have an irritating voice. I want my own baby, but that would have to wait.

My wish list is not exhaustive. My point is, I want, wanted, will want, so many things. But sometimes, wishes don’t come true. Because Allah knows what’s best for me. Kadang-kadang kita lupa. It may be that I dislike a thing which is good for me and that I like a thing which is bad for me. Allah knows but I do not know (2:216). Anyways, a girl can dream, can’t she? Ngee.

No comments: