Thursday, December 18, 2014

There are two classes of travel; first class, and with children.” – Robert Benchley 


I’ve been scouring the internet for tips, reviews and suggestions for kids-friendly places and events for our impending trip and I am so thankful to each and every one of you dedicated hardworking bloggers for taking the time out of your busy life to assist other information-hungry mommies in making our trip with kids more manageable. And so I decided to write one for anyone who plan to travel to Sydney with kids, based on my not-so-recent trip there with my firstborn Hadi, who was 3 at the time of the trip (Noah was 3 months old in my tummy during our visit). 
  

TRIP TO SYDNEY WITH KIDS: WHAT’S FUN AND WHAT’S NOT!

Firstly, I cannot say this enough: Sydney is a truly vibrant city. It’s sunny and clean, you feel safe walking anywhere in Sydney, the buildings are modern and nice and the beautiful, well - maintained beach is just nearby --- what’s not to love about that? There’s definitely something for everyone in the family, including the kids! 


STAY IN AN APARTMENT

Especially if you have a large family, apartment would be a better choice, monetarily and space-wise, as compared to staying in hotels. You can also save money by cooking in your apartment. Most days I would prepare fried rice / pasta to bring for my boy for our outings; this would save you some money and mostly, this save you from the trouble of looking for eateries that are both adult/kids friendly. Hungry kiddos are no fun.


SYDNEY IS A STROLLER-FRIENDLY CITY 

… so you don’t have to be worried about bringing your baby/kid’s stroller, except maybe when you go into the main attractions, perhaps you will piss people off with your bulky Quinny if the place gets too crowded. Umbrella strollers are always the best travel companion! My brother wore his baby who was a few months old then with a carrier and that certainly is a better choice when you go to the main attractions. 


SKIP THE SEA LIFE SYDNEY AQUARIUM 

… if your kid is younger than 5. The place is too huge, they’d get tired easily. My boy enjoyed the first 10 minutes and was more interested in the gift shop full of sea animal plushies afterwards. Older kids might appreciate it more I guess. 



A 4-year-old Hadi might appreciate the huge shark on top of his head more than he did last year. 

 He and I ended waiting outside for everyone. 


SAND DUNE COULD BE LOTSA FUN 

… if your kids, like most kids I know, love the sand. Mummy and daddy can go sand-board all you want and your kids will be content with the abundance of sand all around them. Older kids can join boarding, of course!



Trust me, my boy enjoyed himself too much here. 


GO SEE SOME ANIMALS 

And I do not mean animals in zoos like we have here in Malaysia. Go to farms where animals run free here and there and your kids will be all happy in their element. We went to the Oakville Farm in Newcastle and I believe that was the highlight of the trip for Hadi. We adults had so much fun too though.

 It was a gorgeous day at the Oakville Farm.


DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SKIP THE BEACHES 

We went to Bondi Beach when we were in Sydney and truly enjoyed ourselves. You can rent the surfing / body-boarding supplies and even umbrellas and chairs there. If the waves are not for you, younger kids can enjoy the small ocean pool and soft sand. I read that the best beach for kids in Sydney is Balmoral Beach but we didn’t have the time to go.

 I miss his chubby cheeks! He's too thin now!


IF YOU HAVE OLDER KIDS, GO TO THE THEME PARK 

The famous one in Sydney is Luna Park and we opted to not go because Hadi was just 3 last year, he would not have enjoyed it to the fullest. Maybe next time?


CHURROS, MUST EAT CHURROS 

Kids are definitely going to love ‘em! Holidays are cheat days (for you, mommies)!


IF YOU MUST GO TO THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE 

… you can! While kids may not appreciate the majestic building, they can run around, watch and dance to the sound of didgeridoo, eat ice cream. And be sure to board the ferry to the Opera House, older kids would surely love the ride (although my boy slept all the way on the ferry ride, tired from earlier ventures to the main attractions, booo). 


THE DARLING QUARTER IS A PLAYGROUND HAVEN 

Due to late start of the day, we did not have the time to go and we headed straight to the Darling Harbour main attractions, but promise me please that you will go and bring your kids to enjoy the vast and spectacular kids haven! 


GOOD LUCK, MOMMIES!

Like I have said for too many times, I truly enjoyed Sydney, the city is so amazing and kids-friendly, I could just pack my stuffs and move there in a blink of an eye. I hope to visit the city again one day, but next time around, I will skip the main touristy attractions and opt for more picnics and BBQ, playground adventures and of course, more visits to the beach! Good luck with your trip (this is inevitable when you’re travelling with little ones har har) and I hope you will enjoy Sydney as much as I did, if note more! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you realize there is a 12 word sentence you can tell your man... that will trigger deep feelings of love and impulsive attractiveness for you buried inside his heart?

Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, worship and care for you with all his heart...

12 Words That Trigger A Man's Love Instinct

This impulse is so built-in to a man's mind that it will make him work harder than before to take care of you.

Matter-of-fact, triggering this all-powerful impulse is absolutely mandatory to having the best possible relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

...You'll soon notice him open his mind and soul to you in a way he haven't expressed before and he will distinguish you as the one and only woman in the world who has ever truly appealed to him.