Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I could never be cynical, not that I think there's anything wrong with cynicism. I think it can be quite funny at times.
But I just feel so grateful to be alive
” - Drew Barrymore



Amilia e-mailed me this and I absolutely loved it! If you’re in my e-mail list, you have probably gotten it from me by now. Enlarge the photo dan baca! Memang no-brainer sebenarnya. Anyone and everyone can adopt positive attitude. But I must say, if it’s not within you, it takes effort to do so. But the result is worth the effort, trust me.

Kadang-kadang memang sukar. Saya baru saja menjadi sungguh negatif Sabtu lalu kerana merasa sangat gemuk. Suami saya bersungguh-sungguh cakap saya tak gemuk, tapi dia kata, kalau saya rasa saya gemuk, “do something about it instead of complaining.” Saya merajuk sekejap. Tapi dia memang betul. Merengek-rengek bukan boleh kurang lemak.

Let’s take my Firm as an example here. Kadang-kadang saya tak faham. Some people here complain all the time. Dia rasa dia seorang saja yang banyak kerja. Some muka ketat setiap hari. Adakah urat wajah anda akan putus jika senyum sekali-sekala? Some gossip like nobody’s business, like they’re paid to mengepoh dan menjaja cerita. Some can’t even talk nicely to people. Garang all the time. Aish! Negativity sucks the life blood out of everything! I wish more people would realize that.

It’s a demanding field, legal is. But it doesn’t have to change you as a person. You don’t have to be stern and all serious at all time. It doesn’t kill you to smile now and then. It certainly will help you if you treat people with kindness and respect. And turning negative thoughts into positive ones; that will do wonders to your kesejahteraan jiwa. Pessimism will do nothing but drain you. Tak letih ke berfikiran dan bersifat negatif?

Sekadar berkongsi dan mengingatkan diri sendiri to always try to adopt positive attitude and to stop sweating the small stuffs. It’s not easy, but it’s possible. As Lucimar Santos de Lima put it, “It doesn't hurt to be optimistic. You can always cry later.” Ngeee.

No comments: