Sunday, February 08, 2009

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home;
A charm from the sky seems to hallow us there,
Which, seek through the world,
is never met with elsewhere.
Home, home, sweet, sweet home!
There's no place like home,
Oh, there's no place like home!

- John Howard Payne


Home oh home sweet home,
why oh why do I love thee?


I love that I'm able to put my own personal touch anytime, anywhere. Sila faham, this is big for me. I used to live with my Mom, whose idea of interior decorating is everything red and every corner crammed. Don't get me wrong, I love her with every single cell of my body, but I much, much prefer minimalism. But her answer to me was always, “Ini rumah Ibu. Nanti Yanti dah ada rumah sendiri, do it your way." Thank God I now do. Ngeee.


Yes Yan, that’s the letter/key-holder you got us for our wedding. I love the rug we got from Ikea, walaupun ia suka memerangkap habuk. I love the wood flooring and the pretty door; thank you, Tuan Rumah, for your fine taste. And I love the Husband’s guitar; self-explanatory.


I love the shower though I wish we’d install water heater soon. I love my humble kitchen. Yes Ayin, that’s the Aussino set you got me for my last birthday. Oh I definitely love my washing machine; the second thing on my home-must-have-list, after TV of course.


I love the yellow lightings. I love our new dining table we got from Homelife; dark brown solid wood and black tempered-glass, we fell in love instantly. I love the cute-looking daisies from Ikea. I love the langsir pasang siap I bought in Reject Shop (yes, they sell pretty looking langsir on budget price, tahu tak?) And we love the throw we got from Ikea; sungguh comfy to cuddle in together sambil menonton TV. Oh we love our TV to bits!


And I love the Husband! After all, isn't home is where your heart is? And you know where my heart is :)

No comments: