Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I think I'm drowning, asphyxiated
I wanna break this spell that you've created



“You only have one problem in life. You worry too much. Always you get too emotional, too nervous.” I've only started reading Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything and I must say that so far I am so liking it! (Oh and I’ve finished Fashion Babylon and although it is not exactly my cup of tea, it is fun and a must-read for every fashionistas. Or anybody who are obsessed with the glitz and glam of the fashion industry).

Anyways, the statement above, which I quoted from
Eat, Pray, Love is by one medicine man the writer met in Indonesia. I was feeling tensed for no big reason when I read that part and thought, “Itu sangat aku, okay!” So typically me; I am a worrier. I may seem positive most of the times, because that is how I handle my anxiety; I act positive (because I believe in the power of mind, well, that’s another topic), when deep down I worry sick. Huwargh! Psychotic, okay! Tak suka!


Strangely, reading about others experiencing the same complex, extreme emotion, calmed me. “Sangat banyak lagi manusia dengan lebih banyak masalah dan kamu risau tentang perkara bodoh ini, Marliza?!” ialah antara cara menyedarkan diri sendiri lalu diri akan tenang seketika. Or quick whining to the fiancé will do too. Bencilah. Blwek.

No comments: