Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be


Jaja sent me an e-mail entitled How Did We Survive? recently. I am sure most of you dah pernah dapat. It is a power point presentation on how we, the children of 70s, 80s and 90s survived as a kid.

We need no hand phone or chat rooms to stay in touch. We did not need video games or cable television; kami main sep tiang or tepuk batang ais krim (Sharel was a champ) or judi pemadam or teng teng (to name a few) and we had lots of fun. Nobody I know was ever sent to meet psychiatrist kalau result teruk; just buck up lah. I even have a lot of friends yang tak masuk tadika; and they are all now successful people. Oh and we were fearless! My friends and I walked to school masa sekolah rendah for sukan or persatuan and balik rumah naik bas Len Seng without the fear of being abducted and raped. It was so much fun growing up in the 80s/90s.

Kids nowadays, I pity them. The fear of rampant psychotic offenders. The need to be schooled dari umur 3 tahun. The endless tuition classes and extra-curricular activities. The need of puluhan ASTRO channels and latest PS3 games. The need to spend monies on hand phone prepaid. And so on and so forth. I pity them and wish them all the goodness in the world. Heh.

No comments: