Monday, August 06, 2007

There's gotta be more to life
Than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



Harper’s Bazaar (July 2004): What do you like most about yourself?

Shu Qi: My personality. Look at my eyes and eyebrows, aren’t they far apart? People tell me that that indicates an easy going trait. It’s true. I am simple. The expiry date for any of my unpleasant memories is less than a day. Why abuse myself? Happiness is more important.

However inspiring the ever adorable Shu Qi may be, lately, I am so uninspired even
Oprah cannot do anything about it.


But after reading half through Khaled Hosseini's latest gem, A Thousand Splendid Suns which Sweetheart bought for me, I was hit by a rush of remorse and kesyukuran. I call it the Khaled Hosseini's effect, seperti kesan buku sebelumnya jua. Syukur.

Thankful for not being forced into marriage with just anyone. Thankful to my parents for letting me be anything my heart desires. Thankful to the country for letting Muslim women soar as high as anyone else. Thankful for good education. Thankful for pretty roof covering me from rain and shine. Thankful for never ending supply of clean water. But mostly, thankful for not having the fear of being bombed as I'm typing this. I'm thankful for life.


But still. Can I be thankful and/but uninspired? Ngeee.

No comments: