Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"In Malaysia, everyone seems to be supporting football teams
other then theirs"
- AKON, Hitz. FM Ad


I finally boleh bernafas seketika sejak bekerja dengan tekun dari pagi. What to write about? Well, well, since everyone seems to be talking/writing about Malaysia’s humiliating 1-5 defeat to China, why shouldn’t I? After all, I did watch the game (walaupun selang-seli with the ever dreadful Natasha 2 and the adorable Ugly Betty).

Sukan paling dekat di hatiku has always been hockey but there is always a soft spot in my heart for Malaysian football scene. Korang tau kan, I love witnessing success, terutama if it happens to underdogs, walaupun that is yet to happen to Malaysian team.

So I watched the game with patriotic belief in Norizan’s team. I thought Akmal Rizal wasn’t going to play sebab dia injured itu hari. So when I saw him berlari-lari (albeit dengan berat), hatiku berbunga-bunga harapan.

I am in no position to comment on the technical aspect of the game. Tapi even the worst kaki bangku would know that memang hampas permainan mereka itu. 60% possession oleh China?! More like 97%! Tahap boleh menitis air mata darah gua. Itulah korang ni, prektis lah lagi tepi pantai sambil main banana boat. Apa kejadahnya?!

No comments: