Sunday, April 01, 2007

My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter
~ Thomas Helm



Yesterday I finished reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (read the synopsis here). Oh. My. God. The last time I felt this way about a book was after I read The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It gripped and moved me all the very same. I think New York Times Book Review says it best with its review: "Powerful and Haunting". Haunted, I truly am.



Delivery from Kuching with love. The roses are so beautiful and the Baskin Robbins heart-shape cake sangatlah comel dan yummylicious! I could not stop smiling the whole day kelmarin. Ngee. Thank you, Sweetheart!




Edited on Monday, 2nd April after watching Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating People of 2006 on Star World last night. No prize for guessing which is my favourite Fascinating People. Ngeh ngeh.


No comments: