Monday, January 22, 2007

Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired


As some (readers of this blog) may have guessed, I love (good) quotes. Today, for my love for quotes, I present to you 2006 Most Notable Quotes according to Mr. Fred R. Shapiro, editor of the Yale Book of Quotations (Source: Yahoo Featured). And they are *drum roll*:


Topping the list is Mr. President Bush, conquering the Top 3s:

(1) "I'm the decider, and I decide what is best.” (Ha ha. What else is new?)

(2) "America is addicted to oil" (D’uh!)

(3) And his comment on Hurricane Katrina to high school students in New Orleans: "I take full responsibility for the federal government's response"


At number (4) is Sacha Baron Cohen's explanation about his movie Borat, "The joke is not on Kazakhstan. I think the joke is on people who can believe that the Kazakhstan that I describe can exist."


(5) Stephen Colbert's comic remark on Bush: "The greatest thing about this man is he's steady. You know where he stands. He believes the same thing Wednesday that he believed on Monday, no matter what happened Tuesday."


Right-wing polemicist Ann Coulter at number (6) for her attack on the widows of men who died in the World Trade Center on September 11: "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husbands' death so much." (Meoooooww!)


(7) A line from the Will Ferrell film, "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Rickey Bobby," "If you ain't first, you're last."


(8) Hungarian Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany about statements made about the economy to win an election: "We lied morning, noon and night." (Honesty is the best policy, eh?)


But the Champion, I tell you, is the quotation from the great Miss Paris Hilton, "When I was a kid I had no idea I lived in a mansion. Then I went to a friend's house and I was like -- 'Oh'.” (Ha ha. Now that is cute)


Now you go and have a good week, people!

No comments: