Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.” - Robert Frost


After 3 first Syawal away from my side, alhamdulillah we spent our first Syawal this year at my parents’, surrounded with my side of relatives. Aside from that little drama minggu ini that ensued disebabkan my mom’s younger step sis, everything else was just awesome, to say the least. Apa yang tak awesome nya? My parents: checked. My mom’s scrumptious raya foods: checked. Visiting my side of relatives: checked. It’d have been perfect if my little brother and his wife were there with us, but hey, they are in our hearts 24/7 kan!

I have nothing against spending first Syawal at my in laws’, I’m cool like that. I am rapat with my MIL anyway (thank God for that!) And I don’t see the point of raya asing-asing or gaduh besar nak raya mana. It’s just that this year, my little bro is in Oz so of course I want to teman my parents and hubs agreed. Alhamdulillah. I’ve heard of cerita berantakan suami isteri gaduh nak raya mana. I even know people who choose to raya asing-asing. That just doesn’t make any sense to me. But to each their own lah kan. Hidup masing-masing.

The most decent picture of us three. Hadi was holding a stone. Grrr.

My cheeky boy is obsessed with his songkok that he calls ‘shangkak’. Haha. Aaah words can never explain the joy and happiness that this cheeky little boy brings into our lives, even raya jadi much much seronok since ada dia. Terima kasih Allah, atas segala cinta dan bahagia :')

Oh and yes, di zaman kegemilangan Hana Tajima's shawl, Yuna's turban and Pearl Haya's RM180 scarve, I still choose to rock my RM30 tudung bawal; I'm lazy (and cheap) like that ;P

9 comments:

madam teacher said...

totally agree with you about 'raya kat mane' issue. almost every weekend we are at my parents, so cuti panjang (raya puasa, raya haji, raya cina) blk kg hubby plak. yg penting, persefahaman & tolak ansur. Semoga dikurniakan kebahagiaan berpanjangan. AMIN. Selamat hari raya aidilfitri & maaf zahir batin.

Naemah said...

Babe, walaupun hanya bertudung bawal RM30, ko tetap nampak jelita. Selalu jeles tgk ko punya tudung pakai terletak cantik jer. Mmmmuah to Hadi yang hensom berbaju melayu dan ber'shangkak'.

Marliza Radzi said...

Madam Teacher: Ameen :)

Naem: Haha thanks?

reena said...

Shangkak? Haha. Alah, tudung apa pun, kalau dah cantik, cantik jugak. Yang penting, 'kena' dengan si pemakai :)

mardzia said...

aku adalah sangat agree bawal takleh lawan mana-mana tudung lain. Aku nak kidnap hadi. comel sangatla dia...geram ok

Marliza Radzi said...

Reena: You were gorgeous in your TR on your E day!

Mazia: Hadi dah lupa Aunty Mazia dia. Haha.

Nida Shaari said...

setuju tudung bawal adalah paling best!! agak menyesal balik kg tak bawak backup tudung bawal sudahnya muka cam terhapa di pagi raya sebab nak belit shawl tak menjadi campur nak layan superhero lagi.. grrrr..

shueyshoelove said...

To be different is the ultimate coolness. Anda berjaya melakukan blue ocean strategy! :)

Marliza Radzi said...

Madulebah: Tudung paling sesuai untuk mommies with babies is tudung ekspres sebenarnya. Terletak mudah je.

Shuey: Haha ultimate coolness. More like ultimate malasness ;P