“One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important. “ - Bertrand Russell
10 random things about the stressed out woman who is typing this good for nothing entry:
(1) I have a trial, an appeal and a mediation proceeding, all in the course of two days, to attend to on solo basis. That is on top of submission, witness statements and summonses, all marked urgent. Pfftt. So tell me, sweet thing, how can I not feel stressed out?
(2) Oh and I just found out, some lawyers half my years of experience who are practising in other firms, are earning as much as I do, and they’re getting allowances on top of that. So tell me, sweet thing, should I feel more stressed out now?
(3) Although I am turning the big 3-0 next year and have a kid of my own, I still sorely miss my parents sometimes and long to be close to them. Hey, I’m sure you do too!
(4) Sometimes the things around us can be so overwhelming that I feel like packing our bags and boarding the next flight somewhere further away. Maybe I should persuade Hubby and move to Australia so that Hadi can cook as good as the Junior Masterchefs. Haha. To Lismore next to Chika, perhaps? But can I do without malls? Chika has proven that she can. Hehe.
(5) I desperately want a helper. It’s not that I’m so malas ke apa, but I think a helper will definitely improve my quality of life. Like Ana suggested, I want a cleaner who comes clean my place on weekly basis. Sure I can stay up or wake up earlier to do all the mopping and toilet scrubbing and vacuuming, but senang cakap, I too get tired sometimes. Boleh? Boleh.
(6) I’d like to think of myself not as a lawyer who happens to be a wife and a mother of a kid. I think of myself as a wife and mother who, for the love of money and baby clothes and cute handbags and good expensive foods, had to work as a lawyer. But yes, I do get tired sometimes.
(7) I am excited for the latest season of Desperate Housewives to air as Wilhemina Slater is joining the casts! I am also hoping that I’ll get to watch Lat the Kampung Boy Musical! I think Awie is gonna be a hilarious, adorable Lat. And Atilia, I have watched her on P. Ramlee the Musical before, and I so loved her sweet persona and lovely, lovely voice.
(8) I think I know what I want for my birthday, which is coming up next month. A nice weekend in KL. The simple things I love; staying at my parents’, strolling around in KL malls, shopping, eating good foods, indulging in red velvet cakes and other sinful desserts, and yes, I wanna watch the Lat musical. Big time punya hint, harapnya sampai ke pihak berkenaan. Haha.
(9) I am too lazy to do a proper January Favourites so I'm just gonna list them out here. Favourite Artist: Bruno Mars. Favourite 30 Minutes Comedy: Gary Unmarried. Favourite TV Show: Junior Masterchef. Favourite Pairings: Yuna and Qi. Oh you don’t know about them? They apparently are “kawan rapat”, and you know what that means.
(10) I am tempted to give Olay range a try. Yes I know I won’t ever look as good as Vivy does (darn it!) but I’m easily influenced like that. Haha. The problem is, I don’t know which range to choose from because I’m not quite sure what my skin problem is. Basically I want to look radiant and healthier with more glows and less kusam. Oh I need susuk for that?! Damn.
How now brown cow? (Who is this brown cow anyway?)