Friday, October 16, 2009

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves
- Jean Baptiste Poquelin Moliere


If you know of a certain someone who is kind of cheating on his wife - you know, seeing someone else, buying her the things he should be buying for his wife - and you’re kind of berkawan with his wife; do you:

(a) Keep mum about it – because it is none of your business anyway; or
(b) Tell the wife – for she has the right to know what the husband has been doing behind her back.

I am a coward so I would choose the former option because I wouldn’t want to be a meddler in someone else’s marriage. Memang sukar situasi ini; anda tidak mahu menjadi batu api mengadu domba sana sini. There is also a chance that she wouldn’t believe a single thing you say and choose to percaya seratus peratus sepenuh jiwa raga her husband, then you’ll end up dikenali as the mulut jahat penyebar fitnah.

But you hate seeing her being cheated on oh so openly. Kasihanlah. I know it’s none of other people’s businesses but diri sendiri ini as a wife, if my husband berlaku hanky panky behind my back, I would want to know about it. I wouldn’t want to be left in the dark and be the last person to know whilst semua orang telah tahu dan geleng-geleng kepala kasihankan saya dari jauh. That’s more pathetic-lah. At least if I know, I can do something about it. Tapi, nauzubillah-lah ya. Hubby baik kan, Hubby? Ngeh ngeh.

Kah kah. A ‘nice day at the office’ does not consist of kebenaran
for you to lip-smack with you female colleague ya, harap maklum.


About.com aptly listed Top 9 Signs Your Spouse Is Cheating:

1. If he says, "I Love You But I'm Not In Love With You." – That’s so harsh. That’s not even a sign-lah. I think it’s more like, “In your face, woman!”
2. If he says, "We are just friends." (Read: Spending a whole lot of time with this new ‘friend’ but claiming that they’re ‘just friends’) Simply classic.
3. A sudden need for privacy.
4. If he says, "I need some space to figure out my feelings." (Read: Requesting more space and time alone) Everybody needs his/her space tapi kalau melampau-lampau, lain macamlah nampaknya.
5. Regular work habits change.
6. Spending a large amount of time on the computer.
7. Secretive phone calls and more time spent on the phone.
8. Behavior that just doesn’t add up. He's your husband; you'd know.
9. Your own fears and suspicions. I guess at the end of the day, women know. We have this thing we call gut feelings. And more often than not, ianya benar. But we women tend to be paraniod kan? So just be sure to draw a line between paranoia dan gerak hati yang benar, ya. Heh.

So yeah, back to the initial issue; would you choose to be a silent spectator or would you meddle in and let the wife knows what she should know? I guess there is never an easy way out.

And for now, I prefer to keep mum about it and pray that my marriage will never be tested in such ways, please oh Allah.

No comments: