Monday, March 16, 2009

Every morning I still wake up and the first thing I want to do
is to see your face
” - Gerry Kennedy, P.S. I Love You.


It seems that kalau aku terlalu suka sesuatu buku, sooner or later it will be made into a movie. Selalulah. I remember reading Q&A and thinking, “This book will make a very good movie” and fast forward few months, Slumdog Millionaire was aired and bagged awards all over the world. But of course, like the case of most book-based movies, Slumdog Millionaire is not as good as the book. I must say that Hollywood has succeeded in ruining many of my favourite books. Terima kasihlah ya. Huh.

Contoh?
P.S. I Love You? Di mana versi buku lebih amat baik dan meruntun jiwa. Aku tak suka apa-apa tentang versi movie kecuali Gerard Butler and the haunting OST. In the case of The Kite Runner, aku tak pernah berani tonton versi movie for the fear of takut kecewa dengan hasilnya. Because I really, really like the book and most reviews I read adalah mengecewakan. Aku juga agak gentar untuk Time Traveler’s Wife; how in the world are they going to translate such complicated plots into a 2-hours-movie? Bagaimana? Aku gentar tapi tidak sabar mahu lihat hasilnya sebab aku suka sangatlah Eric Bana dan Rachel McAdams. Bila nak tayang? Sila cepat sikit.

Anyways, masih dalam topik buku, last Friday I spent a good few hours at the Popular Book Fair. Got those 4 books, plus 4 original CDs (No Doubt, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera and Reshmonu) for merely RM90. Worth it tak worth it beratur satu jam untuk bayar? Worth it kan? Kebas kaki aku beratur. Am currently reading A Place Called Here and Don’t Sweat The Small Stuffs (ya, dua buku sekaligus because I’m that tamak). The latter book reminds me of the movie I watched yesterday,
Role Models starring Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott, when Beth said to Danny, “I don’t hate it enough to let it ruin my day.” Aku suka kata-kata itu, terima kasih.

Sebab aku memang seorang yang tamak, hari ini aku ke Popular Book Fair itu sekali lagi (maaflah, ia di sebelah pejabat aku saja) dan borong lagi CDs. Anna Nalick, Ryan Cabrera (shut up, aku suka juga lagu-lagu dia walaupun rambut dia menyakitkan hati), M. Nasir, Puff Daddy (or P. Diddy or Puff or whatever name he’s calling himself now), Deep Purple, and a few others. Original tau, and yet cost me RM40 saja. Suami aku yang beli sebenarnya, aku cuma pilih the first two. Ngeee. Dod sayang, marilah!

This post is going nowhere-lah. Menyampah aku. Later!

No comments: