Friday, July 06, 2007

To love and laughter and happily ever after



Ayin and Zul. Here’s a couple whose journey I have followed since the very beginning. I must say, I am pretty much involved right from their very first hellos. For she is my best friend, I am certain that she had made the right choice and that the marriage would be a wonderful one.

My wish for them is that through the years, their love for each other will deepen and grow. Years from now, may they look back on their wedding day as the day they loved each other the least. May the wedding goes beautifully as planned and may Allah bless this union always.

I can’t wait for tomorrow! But before that, here's sharing something lovely:

The Art of a Good Marriage
by Wilferd Arlan Peterson

A good marriage must be created.
In marriage the ‘little’ things are the big things.
It is never being too old to hold hands.
It is remembering to say, “I love you" at least once a day.
It is never going to sleep angry.
It is having a mutual sense of values, and common objectives.
It is standing together and facing the world.
It is forming a circle that gathers in the whole family.
It is speaking words of appreciation,
and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.
It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow.
It is a common search for the good and the beautiful.
It is not only marrying the right person.
It is being the right partner.

No comments: