Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Do you know that Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian?


The irony. People, dengarlah ni. It is so tricky tau when you have combination skin. My face is oily on the T-zone but dry on all other parts. Susah tau nak cari skincare. Even harder when you are kedekut like me maka tidak suka mencuba. The only facial wash that really works for me is the gel-based one by Loreal and the Tea Tree facial scrub by Body Shop. Other wash/scrubs give me more breakouts and/or oily/drier skin.



The thing is, today I bought a Body Shop oil-free SPF15 foundation, which allegedly work on combination skin and gives you a matte, shine-free and healthy-looking finish. Saya tiada hesitation to buy Body Shop’s products because they usually work well on me. Cuma, some parts of my skin are very, very dry nowadays, thanks to my breakouts (hence, extensive usage of Oxy), maka natijahnya, the foundation blends really well on pipi and hidung tetapi membuatkan those dry parts kelihatan lebih amat dry. Help! I need a Dummy’s Guide to Makeup and Skincare! Ada ke?


2 Body Shop products I swear by. (L) No other lip balm works better than Body Shop Vitamin E Lip care with SPF 15. Memang best. (R) I love the concealer, apply sikitpun boleh cover blemishes.


(L) Tea Tree scrub yang menyegarkan tanpa mengeringkan. (R) Cuticle cream; apply sebelum tidur, esok pagi bangun, kuku seperti bercahaya.


Perfume zaman university. Vanilla yang seharum pastries yang enak dan Spirit of Moonflower yang seakan2 Tommy Hillfiger's True Star. Fresh.


I want I want I want! (L) Vitamin E Starter Kit (sepeti tiada kelihatan di Malaysia) and (R) Strawberry lotion yang enak sungguh baunya.



Okay, sekian sahaja entry bermotif vain. Seperti ada free ad for Body Shop pula. Tak mengapa, they deserve it. Mahu kembali bekerja bersungguh-sungguh sebelum bercuti sehingga Ahad ini. Sebelum itu, mari baca some Skincare Education from Pharmacy.Gov.My.


What can you do about acne?

(1) Wash your face twice daily with an acne cleanser. You can clean your face with a 5% benzoyl peroxide wash. An alternative for those who are allergic to benzoyl peroxide is 2% salicylic acid.
(2) Avoid direct exposure to sun. If you are involved in outdoor sports, use non- irritating sun screen.
(3) Use a light skin moisturizer and oil-free makeup as you wish.
(4) Avoid touching or squeezing the pimples with your hands.


What can you do about dry skin?

(1) Lubricating the skin: You can use bathing oil which contain minerals or vegetable oil plus a surfactant.
(2) Moisturizing the skin: Moisturizers are used to prevent or relieve the symptoms of dry skin. A range of products that are available in the pharmacy are petrolatum, lanolin, mineral oil and dimethicone.
(3) Chemically softening the skin layer: There are some products that can be used as softeners in dry skin such as urea, lactic acid and allantoin.

No comments: