Tuesday, June 20, 2006

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"
~ From the movie Annie



Legal Aid duty is cool. It is nice to be able to help deserving people, to get away from office once in a while, and (ahem) I get to go home early. All in all, yippee, memang fun. And after 2 sessions, I am beginning to have a positive perspective on this dock brief program. I mean, kesalahan pertama seorang anak yatim yang terbiar yang menggunakan dadah untuk diri sendiri or seorang penjual burger yang mempunyai 4 orang anak yang menggantikan rakan menjual vcd haram untuk upah RM30 sehari – these kind of people deserve some empathy dan hukuman yang lebih ringan. I believe this is why we were taught Jurisprudence. Keadilan itu adalah meletakkan sesuatu di tempatnya. Coolness.

On a non-legal but more emotional note, my man’s transfer order is out; he is transferred to Kuching, Sarawak. Huwaaa. Sedih kan? Kan kan? (Hence the above picture). I am so damn sedih ok. But I believe Allah knows what is best for him, and us. Although aku sangat sedih, I am being positive and trying to think of all the positive things this transfer will bring (ahem) dan segala yang positif bunga-bunga merah kuning biru putih lah. Positive thinking, walaupun hati tak mempercayainya, sometimes works :-)

No comments: