Sunday, February 19, 2006

The mark of a true crush is that you fall in love first
and grope for reasons afterward.


It is one inerasable fact that I used to have a super huge crush on someone. I like to believe that having a crush is one inevitable phase in a girl’s life. Most of my friends have had (at least) one huge crush on someone. And at least my crush was someone real i.e. non-celebrity (besides Robbie Williams of course). Okay, gadis-gadis STF 959, I know most of you know who HE is (and where HE went to school), tapi mari kita diam-diam je ye. Ngee. Anyways, ehem, I did go out with HIM for a couple of times, and I am so so very glad that I did not pursue it further, sebab, aku percaya, seorang crush perlu dibiarkan menjadi crush sahaja, sampai bila2. Kalau tak, it will be like defeating its purpose (kunun-kunun ada purpose la). Once you pursue your crush, dah akan kenal dia, all the mystery and what we like to believe about him/her will vanish. He/she will be real. Hence no fun dahla. Get it? Get it tak? Ngee. Anyways (again), ehem, I am happy that we are both happy in our separate, happy lives. And, (though ridiculous this may seem) I want to thank HIM for giving me a normal girly-hood, or I would have been stuck at having crushes on girls - I was in an all girls’ school, remember? The best thing we had were Encik Jasmy, Pak Zul, Pak Said, Pak Yem (??!) Eww. But Pak Zul is pretty cute actually. Eheh.


I love the tv show Faking It. (Faking It is a transformational battle against the odds. Faker is plucked from their natural habitat and given four weeks to master a skill well enough to fool a group of expert judges). It is one of those shows that makes one realizes his/her full potential. You’ll never know what you can do until you really push yourself. Many people have been positively transformed (although it could be just another faked tv show trying to make good tv). A sweet kindergarten teacher to a stern personal bodyguard – A timid, simple photographer to a bubbly bikini model – A naïve choir girl to a rocking rock chick – A God-fearing Minister to a trendy care salesman – A manly navy officer to a daring drag queen – A gothic computer geek to a cheerful cheerleader - An introverted, dull, small town librarian to a sexy, bold Coyote girl – A classy classical cellist to a vivacious house DJ - I wonder, if I am plucked from my ‘natural habitat’, whom/what shall I be transformed into eh?


For the love of television, I enthusiastically did some entertaiment-related quizzes at Emode:

1. The Classic Star Wars Test
Marliza, you're Obi-Wan Kenobi ("If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.")

2. Who's Your Movie Star Double?
Marliza, your movie star double is Drew Barrymore!

3. Which That '70s Show Character Are You?
Marliza, you're like Donna!

4. Who's Your OC Crush?
Marliza, Your OC Crush is Seth!

5. The Celebrity Matchmaker
Dylan McDermott (the guy from The Practice)

6. Which Reality Show's Right for You?
American Idol (well the problem is: I can't sing)


CONFESSION: I am addicted to air suam. I am obsessed with the fact (that I created myself) that at least 2 mugs of air suam a day shall keep my resdung (if not bird flu) away :-)

No comments: